Sunday, June 25, 2006

Conversation is a dying art form...

Has anyone else noticed that conversation is dying art form? Everything is so fast paced and hectic. I've had people suddenly answer their cell phones in the middle of what I'm saying. I've had people have conversations with me and someone else at the same time. What is up with that? I don't know if it's something in my brain or just that I spend most of my time at home in front of this computer, but I can't keep up. (Oy, can that lead to embarassing moments!) I don't know you guys. I never really liked the whole go for an all-day visit thing my grandparents used to do, but at least they listened and didn't try to have five conversations at once. Maybe I'm old-fashioned. Maybe I'm too slow and not as smart as I think I am. Maybe I just hate groups. I don't know.

In other news, it's been a bad day. I think I have a stomach virus or food poisoning or something. Major stomach cramps and dizziness. Actually, the dizziness has been going on for a week. I don't know if it's the new meds or anxiety or what. I seem to suffer a lot of confusion lately. I can't figure out if it's that I have a lot going on in my mind and I space out or if there's a bigger problem. Actually, when I'm having a one-to-one conversation I'm good. It's that whole group thing again. I never know who's talking to me when. Very strange. Maybe I just need to get out more? I don't know. I really don't. But, I feel very stupid and embarassed when it happens.

TMR

No comments: