Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome!

I've been toying with this idea for a while. I know there is a wealth of info on the internet about depression - some accurate, some not. But, I'm viewing this as an experiment in catharsis (hopefully). So, I'll either implode or work it out.

A few things for starters...I've probably suffered from depression most of my life, but I wasn't diagnosed with major depression until I was 14 - one year after my father passed away. These days, it's still an uphill battle. Anti-depressants are good and bad. I think they are over-prescribed sometimes...and undertested for potential harm. (I think this is true of most prescription drugs these days though. It's unfortunate for those of us who truly need them.) But, I also think they are necessary if you have a true chemical imbalance. I think there is still a stigma attached to depression in some quarters. In others, I think it's become a badge of honor. I have experienced both. Neither really works for me. Mostly right now, I'm just working on getting out of whatever circle of hell this is.

More later...
TMR

No comments: