Friday, May 19, 2006

What's so hard to understand?

Why do people not understand that part of mental illness is that everything becomes overwhelming? These people who think everything is as simple as making up your mind and doing something are really hard for me to understand. They act like I'm whiny and have no direction. Fucking A! This whole thing with Mom's carpet and plumbing has really elucidated some stuff for me about some of my "friends." And, why do some men seem to think women want them to fix everything? I'm not asking for that, I'm just asking you to listen. Duh! Sheesh. People frustrate me no end sometimes. I spent the afternoon helping Mom out at her office because she didn't want me messing with the carpet or trying to move stuff out of there until she got home. And, I can't just sit here in a house that smells like mildew or something and not do anything about it. But, everything I suggested was met with a "don't do that." And, I'm not good at sitting on my hands. I'm really not. And, it's really not my mess to clean up anyhow. I spent two days telling her that something was leaking. Did she listen? No. I spent two days arguing with her that what I smelled was mildew and not something in the garbage or something...to no avail. And, now I have to deal with people who don't understand that not everything is black and white. GAH!

Anyhow, Mom spent most of this evening telling me that I should just accept that people are like this, but I'm not up to it. I want to educate people. I want for this whole stigma to be gone, for no one to look down on others for their use of anti-depressants or their admission that they have clinical depression. But, maybe Mom's right. Maybe I'm just tilting at windmills. Lovely thought that.

TMR

No comments: