Saturday, May 20, 2006

What's a girl to do?

So, I'm sure you all have guessed by now that one of my friends can't deal with my depression. Let's just call him L. - former crush, current best friend of sorts here. Except that he just can't deal with me when I'm sad! I don't know if it doesn't fit with his idea of me or if it just makes him uncomfortable for inexplicable (at least to me) reasons. I thrive on helping others, even if at times I wish they wouldn't become as reliant on me as they do. I don't understand fairweather friendships. I really don't. Or maybe we just have different ideas of what friendship should be. I don't know. He always says he figures there's nothing he can do. Why do some people not get that just listening is something they can do? It requires little action on their parts in fact. Strangely though, listening is one of the more difficult things for most people it seems. I'm just terribly confused. My personality is such that I don't need people in my life who aren't going to be there when the chips are down (I can't deal), but most of the time he's a very lovely person and he tries most of the time. Maybe he's just stressed to, and can't deal with it. Mom keeps telling me never to expect reciprocity, but god help me I do.

TMR

No comments: